You have moved from being functional leader to main board director. You have proven technical and professional ability and now you find yourself in a new arena where you must develop your strategic and influencing skills and build new relationships.
Working with a coach can help you clarify:
- Your role and purpose on the board
- How to operate with confidence and gravitas
- How to address internal doubts
- How to develop political awareness
- Appropriate ways to accommodate and challenge the prevailing board culture
- What you want to achieve through your board tenure
You will have questions that are uniquely yours. Ideally the coaching relationship will begin before you take up your board position. Whenever you start, working with and executive coach will enable you to raise awareness, build effectiveness and develop visibility.